Sustained negativism is highly calorific nourishment for pride. ~ D.A. Carson
Under the crushing weight of pressure one often wonders if they can survive, but from the soaring heights of worship one can see for themselves clear direction. So whatever may be weighing you down, change your posture to worship and let God give you direction to navigate through… God’s Got This!
The greatest business of the believer is not busy-ness, but it is spending time in the presence of Jesus. As Jesus told Martha “one thing is needful”. In your busy-ness of preparing to celebrate the birth of Christ, don’t forget to spend time in His presence.
A little something out of Proverbs in Message translation…
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds waken the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible. ~ T. E. Lawrence
I believe that it is impossible to build a strong revival church without building strong “relationships.” We must not only love people, we must take time for the people we love! A church is to be more then just a place of worship!
If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as a Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, :Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.” ~ Martin Luther King Jr.
Among the many reasons assignable for the sad decay of true Christianity, perhaps the neglecting to assemble ourselves together, in religious societies, may not be one of the least. ~ George Whitefield
I don’t think that it would be a surprise to anybody to find out that Sunday morning is usually the highest attended service of the week. It is also usually the service with the largest number of guest, most children in kidZ ministry, and therefore the most people responding to the life transforming power of God’s grace. It’s the Superbowl of church services, so we must bring our A Game!
Every leader must be focused and engaged, every member locked in and prepared to be involved in making Sunday 100% effective. How? By being involved in at least one of these BIG 5 areas:
The BIG 5:
(1) Hospitality: This includes everything from guest services to friendliness. We have positions of ushers and hostesses, but every member ought to be a greeter. Shake hands, introduce yourself, be friendly. Love God, love people!
(2) Building and First Impressions: At POC we have been blessed to lease a great building in a great location, but we must constantly, continually keep it clean and in repair. That means we should watch for those things that we can do to keep our building looking it’s very best because you only get one chance to make a first impression. Yes, each week there is a family that takes responsibility to clean the church. However, everyone of us should be engaged enough to notice that piece of trash that got dropped or that area of carpet that needs a quick touch up with the vacuum.
(3) Music: This includes everything from the praise team on the platform to the praisers on the floor. Get engaged through praise and worship, let praise usher you into the presence of God Almighty and worship Him.
(4) Children’s Ministries: POC kidZ ROCK! I mean it, this is an incredible ministry that has been redesigned and reformatted to effectively evangelize and minister to kidZ in a creative, safe, fun environment and it’s happening on Sundays.
(5) Prayer Ministry: Every leader and every member should be involved in prayer ministry. This includes everything from pre-service prayer to praying with people in the altar. The prayer room should be a mixture of sounds; from the deep groan of travail and intercession to the joyous shouts and clapping of expectant believers. When we are praying for the sick there should be those who are quick to step up and help us pray. When a prayer request is laid on the altar someone should grab that quickly and make it their personal prayer request for the week. When the altar call is given, it’s time to pray. Glance around briefly and see if there is a guest praying alone that you can pray with. If you are involved in AMP’D or kidZ ministry make sure you spend some time praying with our young people and children.
Hopefully, as you read over this you will make a commitment to keep the main thing in focus and be engaged every service,,,but especially on Sunday!